Sunday, February 24, 2013

Self Validation

Self Validation was not a trait I was taught as a child. It was always "Do this or that to make your parents proud" or something along those lines. Once I got older, I stopped trying to get validation from my parents, and looked for it through lovers. This turned into a dangerous mixture of confusion. attachment, low self-worth and seeking validation through everyone but me. Such a dangerous life for an emotionally developing young woman. I was on a destructive path, full of karmic cycles until I finally learned my lesson. I never would have found the self-love, discovered my self-worth and started validating my damn self. I never understood how important self empowerment was. I started meditating hard for hours at a time focusing on releasing negative emotions towards myself and others. This was the hardest part of my development, finding the love in myself while forgiving myself for past actions. I now understand that whatever it is that I could possibly ever want can be found in myself. Finally realizing that putting self-worth, and validation in the hand of others will leave you feeling worthless and pathless once they are no longer with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment