Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Love is not just a verb, it's you looking in the mirror


I've had a lot of days when I didn't feel pretty, probably even more when I felt downright ugly. Needless to say, these were not my best days. Learning to love myself just the way that I am, no makeup, #nofilter, hair undone and crust in my eye was one of the hardest yet most rewarding things I have ever done. I've felt ugly so many times by the words of others, until one day I looked in the mirror and realized that I am the shit. No one can make me feel inferior, ugly or anything less than beautiful without my consent. I created, cultivated and grew a new sense of confidence. A confidence that could not be moved by any force outside of me, something that I could call my own. I began to make myself beautiful on the inside so that it would have no choice but to radiate outward. Now I look in the mirror and see the same beautiful face everyday, instead of picking flaws I admire not only my facial features but my body as well. I love myself, and I adore myself without being obsessed with myself. That balance in itself is beautiful. Have you loved yourself today?



No comments:

Post a Comment